HOME © Copyright Lavant Workwear 2003-2017. All rights reserved.
Midhurst Past Page 2
Presented below are some more pictures of Midhurst from the past.
To see larger versions of the pictures, just click on the thumbnails below. Pictures will load in a new browser window.
1: Bepton Road, before the bomb damage of the Second World War.
2: King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra on their way to open the King Edward VII Sanatorium in 1906.
3: West Street pictured 1912 approx. 4: North Street Pictured 1870.
1: A herdsman with his goats in Market Square 1905 approx.
2: A presentation of coronation mugs in Market Square, to mark the coronation of King George V.
3: North Street at about the turn of the century. 4: North Street 1912 approx, showing the Public Hall and the Vicarage.
1: The royal train arriving at Midhurst Station in 1906. 2: North Street looking North 1912 approx. 3: Midhurst Library pictured about 1900 when it was cottages.
1: Cowdray Ruins Late 19th Century. 2: Church Hill and Red Lion Street pictured 1910 approx.
On the right is the chemist shop where H.G. Wells once worked. He was educated at Midhurst Grammar School.
1: The boiler for King Edward VII Sanatorium arriving in 1905 by steam engine.
2: The West Sussex Archery Club at Cowdray Ruins early 1900s.
Pictures of Midhurst Past Page 1
© Copyright Lavant Workwear 2003-2017. All rights reserved.